The Consulate General of Italy and the Italian Cultural Institute in New York announce the First Edition of the art competition “Tristate Italian Art Prize”.
The Prize aims to promote and recognize the creativity of the Italian and the Italian-American community in the Tristate Area.
The Prize can be awarded to the following:
- Painting, sculpture, graphics, photography, digital art and video
- Design, crafts, illustration, communication design, information design
- Art installations
Adults with Italian citizenship or with Italian descent that reside in the Tristate Area (States of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut) can participate.
Applications must be sent by email and must contain the following:
- a) Candidate’s resumé
- b) A valid form of ID
- c) Documentation on the artwork submitted for the competition
- d) Portfolio with a maximum of 20 works created in the past by the artist
- e) Proof of residency in the Tristate Area
- f) Proof of Italian descent for candidates who are not Italian citizens
All applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm EST on May 31, 2023. Attachments must be sent in PDF format and the file size must not exceed 10 MB.
The works of art submitted for the competition must not exceed the following measures: 100 inches height, 100 inches width, and 100 inches depth.
The Tristate Italian Art Prize will give the opportunity to the selected finalists to exhibit their work at the Consulate General of Italy and the Italian Cultural Institute, and the chance to exhibit in other spaces in the Tristate Area. Some of the works will be published on the Consulate General of Italy and the Italian Cultural Institute’s websites.
The Tristate Italian Art Prize will be awarded in the Fall of 2023.
Full details here.
Discussion about this post