Reps for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed to Page Six that King Charles III has evicted the couple from their lavish estate in Windsor.
“We can confirm the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage,” reps told us on Wednesday.
King Charles III “requested” that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry “vacate” Frogmore Cottage in January.
The monarch apparently started the eviction process just one day after Prince Harry’s shocking memoir, “Spare,” hit shelves.
The controversial book contained numerous anecdotes about the redheaded royal’s upbringing, including Charles constantly joking he wasn’t Harry’s “real” father.
To add insult to injury, sources tell us the 74-year-old is planning on gifting the 5-bedroom home to disgraced royal Prince Andrew.
Although Harry and Markle relocated to California in 2020, we’re told the incoming king has not offered the couple another royally-owned property. They will also have to ship all their remaining belongings back to the US.
Despite the slight, Harry and Markle are trying to put a good face on the disappointment.
The couple was all smiles while out to dinner on Tuesday night.
While “Spare” clearly struck a nerve with Harry’s estranged family, the 38-year-old is said to be in “extremely good spirits.”
Harry has no regrets about the shocking revelations that he made in Spare, “He was really happy about the success of the book and the reaction to it,” an insider told Page Six last month.
The Sussexes were not offered another property on the estate.