According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), Americans are set to dish out a staggering $13.7 billion this year on Valentine’s Day, and the average person spends about $110, but some of our favorite celebrities go all out..
An 8M necklace may be no big deal if you’re soccer star David Beckham, which is what he gave his wife Victoria a few years ago. Or how about buying your honey a Bentley for $341,000 as Russell Brand did for Katy Perry?
If these don’t do it for you, maybe you can take a suggestion from Jim Trippon, the Financial Advisor to America’s Millionaires, who publishes a list every year.
- Annaliesse yacht – $95 million
- Satya Paul tie – $21 Million
- Scott Henshall dress – $5 million
- Caran d’Ache’s ‘La Modernista Diamonds’ pen – $265,000
- White Alba 2 lb. 10 oz. truffle – $112,000
- Chateau d’Yquem Sauternes (1787) wine – $64,000 per bottle
- Gucci “Genius Jeans” – $3,134
- Lee Stafford “Couture Haircut” – $1,925
- Golden Opulence Ice Cream Sundae – $1,000
- Platinum Guild International “I Do” nail polish – $250 per bottle
If these aren’t what you had in mind, how about “everlasting roses”?
Real roses grown in Colombia, picked at the peak of their beauty and preserved in a secret, proprietary solution. They look and feel real, but they’re preserved and they’ll last at least a year and more–maybe until you get sick of them and throw them out. These are definitely not as steep as a diamond or a Bentley, but some people still consider them an “investment” at $40 for 1 and about $500 for a dozen. Happy Valentine’s Day!